So many people who sign up to get email marketing messages feel regret that they signed up for the messages.
They end up feeling like all they get is spam.
In fact, more emails remain unopened than opened much of the time.
Here’s how to stop this happening to your messages.
* Study Your Audience – Never think that you know enough about your audience. You’ll need to know as much as you can know about them. Send surveys, study the particular demographic and get to know them as fully as you can so that you can better develop messages that mean something to your audience.
* Segment Your Audience – It helps if you niche down the audience into different segments to assist with writing more targeted messages. You can segment by behavior and demographics. The more niched down your segments are, the easier it will be to craft the messages.
* Ask the Audience What They Need – Use your email list to ask the audience directly what they need from you to make them open your emails. When you give them input on everything, they’ll feel more connected to you.
* Watch Them on Social Media – Observe the interactions your audience takes on social media. Watch their conversations, notice their questions, and try to give them what they need based on that interaction. Any single question can turn into a blog post, an email message and even an information product.
* Engage with Them in Forums – Message boards and forums are a great place to get ideas about email messages that will make a difference. You’ll see what they want based on their discussions, and then you can deliver that through your email messages.
* Personalize Each Message – The software that you use to send out autoresponder messages comes with personalization features. If you get your audience to fill out their information and provide names as well as email addresses, then use it. Studies show that personalization gets more conversions.
* Use Your Name for the Return Address – This is another way to get more personal. Instead of a business name or a cute name as the return address, use your own personal name. It will make the audience feel more connected and trusting of you.
* Use Personal Language – When you craft each message, use personal language such as the word “you” and their name when you can. Instead of being stuffy, try to be kind and personal. Always insert plenty personal pronouns inside each email message.
In addition, ensure that subject lines are also personalized and reflect the information that will be included inside the message. The more personal and targeted each message is, the more conversions will happen.
Email marketing messages are important to help guide your audience to make smart purchases for themselves. Don’t be shy about sharing the benefits and the awesomeness of your products and services.